After a fantastic ride in Northern Ireland in May, we’re going back to the Netherlands for a bigger and better ride than ever next July. 2015 is Jessie’s Fund’s 20th anniversary year, so this will be a special ride – the longest we’ve done, at 300 miles.
There’ll be two groups – those who want to go faster, and those happy to take more time to enjoy the view as we go. We’ll meet at Hull on Thursday 2nd July, take the evening ferry to Rotterdam, cycle up the North Sea Circular Route and stay the first night near the coast, north west of Amsterdam. On the second day we’ll cycle north east and over 30 miles of sea on a magnificent, huge dam. Day three will see us cycling down to Amsterdam along the Zuiderzee, ready for a day off to enjoy the beautiful city on the fourth day. We’ll cycle back to Rotterdam on 7th July, getting there in time to have a celebratory drink at the Europort’s Le Pub before taking the ferry, arriving back in Hull at about 8am on Wednesday 8th July.
What you can expect from us
- We have excellent ride guides and there’ll be a support car to carry your luggage.
- We’ll be a small, friendly group of about 30 riders.
- The cost of the ride is kept to a minimum at £320. This includes the ferry (including cabin accommodation), all group accommodation in the Netherlands (4 nights), and breakfasts.
- The ride is for people with some cycling experience, but there’s no need to be an expert – you’ll get loads of support and encouragement, and you’ll even get any punctures fixed! There’ll be a faster group for those who are keen cyclists.
- We’ll give you fundraising tips.
- You’ll meet new friends and have a brilliant time.
What we expect of you
The aim of the ride is to raise money whilst we’re enjoying meeting a challenge. We ask you to raise as much sponsorship as you can, and we’ll give you support in doing so. We’d love to raise more than ever to mark our 20th anniversary, and you’ll be a big part of that, whether you raise £500 or £5,000!
Our bike rides have been a fantastic way of raising funds for our work with children who have special needs. Many of these children can’t communicate verbally, but we give them a means of expression by using music. To see some videos of how this works, click here.
Registering for the ride
You can register for the ride on the link below. Please have your passport available when you register: you will be asked for the number. You will also be asked to pay £100 deposit. The balance will be due by 17 April 2015. The deposit will be fully refundable (less an administration charge of £5) up to 13 March, should you need to cancel for any reason. If you cancel between 13 March and 17 April we can refund 50% of the deposit. After 17 April I’m afraid we will not be able to offer a refund as we will have paid the balance on all travel and accommodation by then. We highly recommend you to take out travel insurance for the trip when you have paid your deposit – if you have to cancel after 13 March for health reasons you could claim from the insurance company.
If you have any queries please email or call us on 01904 658189.