We’ve been busy! Here is a summary:
When Jessie’s Fund started in 1995…
- There were 8 children’s hospices in the UK
- None had experienced music therapy
- There were no courses in using music for communication specifically with life-limited children
- There was no charity dedicated to helping ill and disabled children through the creative and therapeutic use of music
- 37 have established posts for music therapists with our help
- About 420 members of care teams from all over the UK have attended two-day training courses
- We have funded or part-funded over 6,000 music therapy sessions with children in the community
- Soundtracks, our nationwide creative music programme in schools for children with special needs, has now worked in around 100 schools.
- A book about our work is published by Jessica Kingsley Publishers
- Just three years after our inception we were awarded the Guardian Jerwood Award for Community Achievement. We won the DSC Social Change Great Grant Giving Funders Award 2010. In 2012 we won a TalkTalk Digital Heroes Award.